Happy Earth Day! April is Earth Month and I want to share with you SIX WAYS we are reducing our carbon imprint at Ease Yoga & Cafe.
- CORK FLOORING. There are so many decisions to be made when building out a yoga studio and cafe. For example, what flooring to use?At Ease, we are proud of our flooring choices. In our two studios, we will be using sustainably harvested cork on our floors. Not only is cork flooring comfy on your feet during your vinyasa, but it also is harvested without injuring the Cork Oak from which it comes. This can be done every six to eight years. Cork is low in VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) emissions and is a good insulator to boot.
- NON-PVC TILES. In our bathrooms, we are using bio-based, non-pvc flooring tiles. The Striations BBT tiles are 85% limestone and contain 10% recycled material. The flooring is Sustainability Certified by NSF and scores well in LEED ratings for indoor environmental quality and material resource usage.
- RECLAIMED WOOD.To give just the right look to our Cafe bar, we happily partnered with Second Chance, an organization in Baltimore dedicated to the responsible re-use of building supplies. When you visit Ease for a juice, salad, or snack, you’ll be sure to notice the rustic and beautiful reclaimed wood that covers the front of the bar. That’s from the good people at Second Chance.
- WATER STATIONS.Thirsty after your class? We will have a free refillable water-bottle station. If instead of water, you thirst for one of our great juices, you’ll see that they come in fully re-usable bottles. Return your bottle to Ease and, for every seven bottles you return, enjoy a free juice on us.
- COMPOSTING. As you might imagine, all those fruits and veggies in our juices can pile up into a lot of peels, rinds, stems, and pits. Together Senzu Juicery and Ease are committed to composting all that we can.
- RECYCLED CONTAINERS. Lastly, we’ll be serving all our food and beverages using earth-friendly reusable, recycled, or compostable containers.
These are just some of the things Ease and Senzu Juicery are doing to lighten our imprint on the earth. It’s a beautiful planet--we hope you have time to get out and enjoy it this spring!