By Tara Casagrande
A wise woman (my mother) once gave a speech at our wedding saying, "Motherhood is about letting go." Only recently have I begun to understand that quote. The quote was lost on my 29-year-old idealistic self and has finally sunk in.
Inhale, LET, exhale, GO.
As a business owner, wife and mother of our 17, 14 & 10-year-old, this year has offered up many opportunities to let go.
- Let go of all the predictions and forecasts made in my imperfectly crafted business plan.
- Let go of perfectly nutritious and healthy meals for our family every night.
- Let go of mistakes I have made.
- Let go of the 17 year old son who is currently taking a semester abroad. I miss him so much.
- Let go of years of volunteering at the kids' school.
- Let go of being at every sporting event and school function.
As I let go, it makes more room for me to embrace all the goodness around me.
- Playful tickle time with our youngest son when I arrive home from teaching an evening class.
- Last minute shopping trips with our 14 year old daughter to buy clothing for a school trip.
- Lunches with my hubby while the kids are in school in order to grab some quality time.
- Valuing time with girlfriends.
- Spending time with my mother whenever I can.
- Running up the stairs of Ease so excited to come to work and thankful for all who have joined us this year to move, breathe, explore and become more curious about themselves.
Motherhood stretches me and often takes me outside of my comfort zone. I have learned so much about myself through raising our children. Being a mom is what I have always wanted. The times I enjoy it the most is when I slow down, exhale and let go. Getting wiser by the year.